What type of eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ff_emt2008

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are 2 pic of an eel I got the other day and forgot what type they said it was at the lfs so any help would be great thank you

Attachments

• image-1238298446.jpg
    image-1238298446.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-7436475.jpg
    image-7436475.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 109
I was think it might be but I didn't see any dots that most of the pics I see have but I knew buying it that it was a spiny fish and always wanted one. Now I just worried about it eating cause when I but sinking food in my tank it looks like my spotted catfish eats all the food like a vacuum cleaner

I was think it might be but I didn't see any dots that most of the pics I see have but I knew buying it that it was a spiny fish and always wanted one. Now I just worried about it eating cause when I but sinking food in my tank it looks like my spotted catfish eats all the food like a vacuum cleaner

Take a pic of tail i don't think it's peacock by pictures...

I will try and get a pic of the tail today after work. All I remember the lady calling it is green something when I bought it if that helps

I believe drews right. It does look identical to other juvie zigzag eel pics i googled.
Those things supposedly get HUGE!

This is the best pic of its tail I can get

Attachments

• image-1568787270.jpg
    image-1568787270.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 89
So now that I some what know what it is what is the best food. I have sinking food and dried blood and I don't think it's eating any

Alot of the species of spiney that are offered in the aquarium trade are for the most part shy, reclusive and can go weeks to even months without eating.
I have a juvenile tire track eel that took 7weeks to finally come around. At one point I thought I'd lost him because i hadn't seen him for 3 weeks. Finally apon reappearing he started eating baby earthworms. We're come a long way since then. Now i can hand feed him and its a real joy to have him.

Try earthworms, frozen bloodworm or ghost shrimp. When the one i have started to eat it was exclusively earthworm or small nightcrawler. Nothing else offered he would accept but now he'll eat all of the previously mentioned foods.
Keep me updated. I hope he comes around for you.

IMG_20120830_153640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom