What type of Goldfish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlyssaJade43

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I recently bought a goldfish and I can not remember what type she is, she looks pregnant as she is really really big in the stomach but at the same don't goldfish lay eggs when the male is around? I have been trying to research her but have not found anything.
please let me know if you know what breed she is.
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408917642.287360.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408917642.287360.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 101
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408917762.422138.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408917762.422138.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 95
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408917825.005285.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408917825.005285.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 84
Looks like a pearl scale. They have very pronounced / round tummies and scales that look "bumpy"

That's also what I guess. Unless she's a very pregnant ranchu! However she looks very small to be pregnant.

That's also what I guess. Unless she's a very pregnant ranchu! However she looks very small to be pregnant.

Goldfish do not become pregnant as they are egg scatterers. Correct term is 'gravid'.

Pearlscale is correct for a breed ID. They will grow as large as a big grapefruit and just as round. They can be very difficult to keep and are extremely prone to buoyancy issues due to their very round physique. Extra attention needs to be paid to feeding them a specific diet along with a hefty water change schedule to keep nitrates very low. Please ask any questions!

Looks like a PearlScale with a calico colouring so prob some calico in there in the heritance. So for now say it is a Calico PearlScale :)

Definitively a pearl scale, and a good looking one.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

A very cute one that's for sure!! Pearl scale probably! Where did you get him/her xx

I got her from Annerly Aquarium in Brisbane Qld :) sadly she passed away due to being sick :( there are a few more with awesome patterns like her!

I want one!!!! Pearlscale are so cute! They are like little swiming golf balls!

NatureFish
????

I got her from Annerly Aquarium in Brisbane Qld :) sadly she passed away due to being sick :( there are a few more with awesome patterns like her!

Sorry for ur loss x I have lost 4 goldfish in the past 3 years :(

Back
Top Bottom