What type of loach for a 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been going with cories for a long time as my bottom feeders, but for this time, I was thinking some sort of loach. Ideas? I was thinking yoyo, khuli, or striped

I have 4 khuli's and think ther are great.

You don't see them very often but sometimes they swim around like madmen!

I guess they could. I have Clown Loaches as well so the plants do move a bit from time to time but they are easy to move back!

I have two small kuhlis in a 10G with the black moon sand for a base... they haven't touched any of the plants in this tank, but there are lots of non-plant hiding places which might help spare the plants a bit. As mentioned by others, they hide a lot, coming out mostly when they smell food in the water.

I have 2 yoyo loaches. They're wonderful. active, curious, nimble and fun to watch. they love swimming in and out of caves and hiding places. They seem to play. They burrow in the gravel. I bought one when we had an infestation of little snails. It seemed lonely and swam in circles constantly in front of a mirrored side of the aquarium. As soon as I bought another, it left the mirror and began to enjoy his new home. In a few days all the snails were gone. I feed the yoyos algae wafers and shrimp pellets. I think they eat some of my plants. They make loud clacking noise when they eat sometimes. Kids love to watch them. They live peacefully with tetras( diamond and siver tip) and gouramis. However all my fish are about the same size, so there is no agressor, so far. Get Yoyos.

Currently its in with some neons and mts (which I don't really want eaten).

I don't know what mts's are. However, I was advised not to get neons because they'd be eaten by my sivertip tetras. YoYos are a bit bigger than the tetras and I think they might eat your neons. Too bad!
I'm not sure though. My Yoyos are a good 3 inches long now. and are living peacefully with smaller silvertip and diamond tetras, but I noticed that a new addition, Gourami, is being harrassed a bit. Yoyos claim a territory (cave), and get grouchy when strangers hang around. I think your neons would be in danger.

I have ~12 neons in with my zebra loach. They get along well. Yoyos, zebras, and clowns will eat your MTS. In fact, this is the reason I got my zebra.

Hmm, maybe I'll go with cherry shrimp, otos, and neons along with my plants. Anybody know whether neons eat rcs babies (I'm guessing they can and do, but they are pretty small themselves)

Back
Top Bottom