What type of Macro Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASpec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone

Quick question. Now that I have my fuge and light setup I'd like to get some suggestions on which type of macro I should keep.

I don't know that I want free floating since by fuge drains by gravity (i.e. though a bulk head back into my sump). I worry it would clog the bulkhead.

Can someone recommened something that will anchor to a rock or into the DSB in the fuge? Or maybe I am wrong and free floating would be fine?

Thanks in advance.

I would start with clurpa and see what else grows. I wouldnt go out and buy any other than that to start with. Most of my macro algae grew on its own from the rocks.

Also some times the clurpa will get into the main tank from your fuge, its not a bad thing.

Lots of folks are reporting good results with Chaetomorpha, but I believe it is free floating. It does stay together well though and I don't think you'd have issues with it clogging anything. One of the advantages, AFAIK, is that it will never go sexual and die off. Another option might be Caulerpa prolifera. Check out this website:
www.floridapets.com

If you use caulerpa,(any variety), to be on the safe side, keep your fuge lights on 24/7...chaeto works wonderfully in a fuge, just stick a rock on it and it will keep it from floating.

Back
Top Bottom