What type of plant is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pandaman93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have several of these plants. They are growing like crazy. I bought them a while ago and have forgotten what they are. I was just wondering if anybody here might know. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401756404103.jpg
    1401756404103.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 130
The leaves of hygro corymbosa are thicker than the plant shown. Though I do agree that plant is a type of hygro. It looks like Hygrophila Angustifolia/ Willow Hygro.

It's a variation of the hygro corymbosa, siamensis if I'm not mistaken. I have the same plant in my tanks.

I don't have hygro corymbosa in my tanks but I do have Willow Hygro. They looks exactly like the plant in the pic.
The plant in the picture does have the ridges of the corymbosa but the leaves dont match up.

Thanks for the help! I looked at some photos of both species online and I agree with fishcr8zy. It looks like willow hygro to me. The leaves seem to be way too narrow to fit the description of the corymbosa.

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is anyone able to identify this plant? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401916215.426105.jpg
It's really pretty but in my 6Gal Fluval Edge, I am not sure if it will flourish.

That is Süsswassertang. It is like freshwater seaweed. It is pretty easy to grow and will attach itself to rocks and other things around it.

That is Süsswassertang. It is like freshwater seaweed. It is pretty easy to grow and will attach itself to rocks and other things around it.

Thanks a bunch! I really like it. My orange dwarf crawfish loves it too.

Back
Top Bottom