What type of shrimp is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MysteryShrimp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
110203-albums14667-picture71147.html

I have had this tank set up for 8 months with the last additions being made more than 4 months ago but now i have a baby shrimp that i cant I.D. and I have no Idea where it came from unless it was born with the rest of the other sakuras (like the one next to it) and was a little oddball:blink: :confused: :eek: :thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is lol sorry about that

Attachments

• 20170509_214642.jpg
    20170509_214642.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 68
Some seem to be plain tan to nearly clear and others look much nicer, even a bit "sparkly" with little spots or bands of white. There is some thoughts that due to some of the crosses of breeding for color they don't look as plain tan.

I would cull it meaning removing it from the Sakura population. To a different tank. Even a planted bowl would work with mosses and some floating stems, scoop of your present substrate and a plant rated CFL or led bulb. Available at the Lfs big box stores maybe Aqueon brand. In any light fixture like a gooseneck desk lamp, table or floor lamp.

I have a planted 10gallon running co2 and with tetras so I'll just throw him in there

Yes, that way you can hope to keep the bright red ones red, though Red ones can morph into russet reddish, black, blue, Rili...

If you get more natural /wild, then you can just keep adding them with the other one, it is very nice looking.

i never thought about that. I mean I'm not selling them or anything. he looks like a zebra almost so maybe i'll leave the baby in there for a little while. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom