What will Young Corys eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barninett

Aquarium Advice Newbie
BRAND new to the fish hobby. After 1.5 months, my 20g tank finally cycled and I got 5 young Corydoras Melini to start. One died this morning (less than 48hours in my possession), so now I am paranoid (NH=0, NO2 = 0, NO3 =5, pH = 6.8, temp = 80).
They are super active and seem to forage and “play” all day; however, I am not sure if they are eating.
They are the only fish in there, so it isn’t a competition thing. They don’t seem to know what food is! I have tried a few different foods, but they seem to ignore it. I am hesitant to try more because my tank’s bacteria isn’t super stable yet.
Will they figure it out? Or do I need to keep trying different foods?
Thanks!
I have: micro wafers; vibra bites; flake food, blood worms, and first bites (seem too small for them).

I keep panda corys, very similar to your bandit corys, but pandas dont get as big as bandits.

Mine periodically breed and once fry get big enough and brave enough for me to see them they always grow to adulthood. I dont do anything to assist with the the fry or small fish, so they must be doing OK with the food i put in. My aquarium gets flake, sinking pellets, occasionally a crushed up algae wafer, so they are eating that.

Corys are naturally nocturnal foragers, so they might be feeding then, but mine can be seen rooting through the substrate at all times of day, particularly just after ive put in food.

Thanks

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I just need to be more patient and hope they will eat it if they are hungry.

Back
Top Bottom