What would be a good non agressive addition to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishAddict413

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some soft corals and a clown, hippo tang, firefish, swordtail goby, watchman goby, coral beauty, chromis, snails and crabs. What would be a good non agressive addition to my tank?

Is this for your 125?
How ling has the tank been set up?
How much Live Rock do you have?

Kaudern's Cardinal (Pterapogon kauderni), also known as the Banggai Cardinalfish or Spotted Cardinalfish (Sphaeramia nematoptera) also known as Pajama Cardinal are nice additions in pairs.

A Yellow tang, Foxface lo or onespot) would a nikce splash of yellow in the tank.

You really have a lot of choices in a large tank depending on your water parameters, filtration, water change schedule, etc.

I usually go to liveaquaria.com to check on fish that I'm interested in, then I do a google search for more iniformation.
The last step would be to post here stating everything about your tank and what you want to add. People who have or had a similar fish can then tell you their experience with the fish.

At a minimum you should post:
How many gallons is the tank?
How long has it been up and running with fish?
Filtration both mechanical and biological?
Describe the lighting units (type bulbs, total wattage).
What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?

How about another tang. As mentioned a yellow tang would do good and so would a yellow eyed Kole tang. I have three tangs in mine.

It is for my 125g it has been up for about 5 years. No ammonia, nitrates nitrites, phosphates. PH stable. about 80 lbs of live rock. Pepp. shrimp, nassarius/nerite snails, turbo snails, em crabs. I just dont want fish that will eat my snails or shrimp or pick at my coral. I had a yellow tang before and he barbed a couple of my fish to death!! I love the way they look but that one was extremely aggressive and that I dont want to deal with that again. I have an emp 400, caniste hooked up and two koralia 4 powerheads for flow. Aqua c remora protein skimmer. I have enough filtration, it is just getting my fish to get along that seem to be the problem. What angelfish get along with a coral beauty. I tried to put a flame angel in there and they fought nonstop!!

how about a purple tang, or a red sea sailfin (Zebrasoma desjardinii) tang?
i wouldn't try any other angels.
btw, that aqua-c remora is way undersized for your tank. you need something about 4 x the size. i've also ran one of them before on a smaller tank and i found it to be the most inefficient skimmer i've ever owned.

Here are the three in my 125. They are best of buds.

029.jpg

Back
Top Bottom