what would be the easiest fish to keep in a 5 gallon at work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 5 gallon just sitting around and would like to take it to work. What would be the best fish to keep in it? they would need to be very hardy as they would be on their own over the weekends. is it a plexiglass with LED lights

OR

would it look "OK" to just decorate it without fish just for the ambience?

I'd do a double or triple sized filter for the tank and plant with live plants. Do a sand bottom or ecocomplete with shrimp and snails and one or two guppies

I would say shrimp. , lots of fun plus they are very low maintenance, well they have a very small bioload :)

I would do the RCS tank. They would be self-sufficient over the weekend. I agree about asking the boss though. I don't think I could get away with it and I can get away with just about anything. ;)

Betta, shrimp, and snails! Or heavily planted with a few guppies and lots of Red Cherry Shrimp and a snail.

Thank you all for your replies. If this gets done then I will go with the RCS. It will have led lights, what plants would go with leds?

yes. try a plant only tank? eh? java ferns and anubias with drift woods. hehe I think itll look great.

Back
Top Bottom