What would be the minimum Tank size for a JD ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdawg75

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend is looking to rid himself of a JD what is the minimum tank for them? My mind auto shoots to 55g

LOL thanks, im not sure what he has him in now but unless its urgent i will decline. I was thinking if I could get by with sticking him in the 30 g I picked up. I dont want this to be a temp home though.

Does a JD need the 4 ft footprint of a 55 Gallon Tank, or is that just from a water quality angle?

probably 3 to 4 inches is what he said. said he tore up everything he tried to put in with him.

probably 3 to 4 inches is what he said. said he tore up everything he tried to put in with him.

He would be ok for a short while, then a upgrade would be needed. What size tank is he in now or what size tank was he in when he attacked everyone else?

lol I understand, if Im able to get all mine going ill have my 75 then my 55 30 and 10. and still just watching everyday on craigslist for that deal on a 100 plus that I just cant pass up. of course then I would have to put one in the garage. Or I would be divorced so there would be plenty of room. lol

I'm actually looking to start downsizing, it's just to much work to change 500g a week. This weekend I'm breaking down all the smaller fry tanks, so I'll be keeping the 4 40B's, 180G, 2 150's, 1 75G, 1 72Bow, 1 55g and my wifes Fluval Chi which will bring me down to roughly 800g and hopefully more in the next few weeks.

you have been doing this awhile huh, I couldnt imagine wanting to down size, of course your downsize is way above my max gallon ownership now. ahh when I buy the next house, it will have a Fish Room.

YOu should pick a week out of the year and invite all of the AA folks to tour your fishkeeping walkthrough museum lol charge filters or rock or whatever you need for admission , heck Id make the trip :)

See an my husband has told ME no more... I only have a140g, 125g, 90 g 20 g and my sons 40gb. And a few that I can set up as needed. Geez Hukit ur the person I need to talk to!! Lol

As for the Jack, ya a 55 g would prob be best. I know when I had 2 rescue JD the gal size was all over the place... From 30 gal ( ya ok) up to 75 gal min. They were about 5-6 inches and I had them in a 55g. Just to get them healthy and into a real home :)

I could be happy with a 140 and a 125 wow lol . now are you Saltwater with them or ? SO far I have no interest to do a SW.
Secretly I think my wife digs the fish tanks she is just afraid to tell me or I will throw all the furniture out of the house for fish tank room LOL

Mrs.HUKIT deserves the wife of the century award, being a Rangers wife is tough since I was in Afganistan when my son was born, helping me through 8 knee surgeries, night terrors, Motocross injuries, moodiness, and 1000g of aquariums, and loads more I'm sure so in my book she wins hands down.

Back
Top Bottom