What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrism

Aquarium Advice Freak
Firstly, hello to everyone, i've been away for quite a while, very busy work life :(

But i'm BACK! And wanting to bounce some idea's around, so chip in, have your say and please give as much advice as you can! :)

This is the situation, I've got 2 x 2ft tanks, one stocked with zebra danios, cardinals, bn, bolivian rams, ottos and a few cories... the other with tiger barbs & a 9" plec! which is obviously too small for him. I took this tank off a friend as he moved out and couldnt take it to his new place. so i've been saving and sweet talking my rents into letting me have a 3 ft tank. (i only have room for a 3ft) finaly they've said yes!

now i could just put the tiger barbs and plec into the larger tank and leave it at that... but i fancy a bit of a change, and fancy trying something new. Obviously the plec's gotta go into the 3ft which kinda rules out the possibility of a planted tank. i'll list a few idea's i've got going on and you guys can tell me what you think and throw in some of your own...

3ft

plec, angels & neons cardinals

or

plec, tiger barbs

or

plec, some larger ciclids? quite like firemouths or covicts

or

plec, and a comunity tank with some of the fish from my other 2ft

so what would you do?

I have dwarf plecos in a planted tank. I tried planting my cichlid tank with the large pleco, but of course, the cichlids ate the plants. I think you can have plants with a large pleco. If the plants are anchored to wood, the pleco will not uproot them.

I like the angelfish option, but Im prejudice that way. Rams would also be cool. I think you should be able to plant it, just no weak stem plants.

yea, thats one of my fav ideas at the mo rich, only thing i'll have to do is get rid of the tiger barbs... *unless i set up the redundant tank as my third one :D *

Back
Top Bottom