what wrasse have i got

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chevstankovski

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there peeps,i live on the mid east coast of australia and recently caught this fish in a local harbour. I will try to upload some photo's but here is a description of him as well. About 3inches long,1inch wide light aqua in colour,red nose area which turns into reddish/pink horizontal stripes bout 2inches down its body,it has a full length dorsal finvwith two rows of black spots,likes to hide amongst the live rocks in the tank and feeds on it as well as bloodworms or flakes,not agressive in any way. Can anyone help with what type of wrasse he is would be appreciatted thanks

Those spots are throwing me off. Not sure if those are juvenile markings. I was thinking Moon or Checkerboard.

What wrasse(how do you get the fish)

Hi there friends,thanks for the help so far,been told by another person that he was a juvenile elegant as well, saw photo's of a senator wrasse that looked like him too,Bectan01 i am an amatuer snorkeller,l get out in the local marina and around the break walls and catch whatever i see interesting with a 4x2inch aquarium net,takes some patience and luck but the money i save helps with other costs,only had my tank set up about a month but havnt lost anything as yet,brought a yellowtail blue damsel 3 weeks ago and its doing great so far too :)

It's a Gunther's wrasse (Pseudolabrus guentheri), an eastern Australian species that ranges from the southern Great Barrier Reef to the south coast of New South Wales. They can be a little nasty in an aquarium, but are okay with fish of a similar size.

Tony

Back
Top Bottom