What's a good species to breed in a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't find any rcs but I purchased 2 kribs! I got one with a pink belly and the other top fin is longer and more colorful! They will not come out of the pot for anything they are so shy! And the pet store they came right up to me! I know they are settling in but it's been almost 4 days? Is this normal? Also the one with the pink belly one, her belly is huge!! Is she about lay eggs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like they are wanting to spawn??
Can you see in pot to look for eggs?
Flashlights are breeders friends!

Sounds like they are wanting to spawn??
Can you see in pot to look for eggs?
Flashlights are breeders friends!

I put a smaller pot in it and now they are chasing each other!! This is the most I have seen them do since I got them! Do they take care of The babies once they are free swimming? Or will I have to separate them?

I got a question! There is only one or 2 that has a lighter band around its eyes! The rest of them are very dark? Is it a different kind? And I know they are settling in but they just stay in one corner and really don't move unless I walk to that side! I also don't know If they are eating I have feed them shrimp pellets, alge pellets, flake food, and a little piece of feeder block! I have some frozen brine shrimp should i try that?

They are the same species, some just might not be as settled as others, but I always expect some variation between individuals.

I put a smaller pot in it and now they are chasing each other!! This is the most I have seen them do since I got them! Do they take care of The babies once they are free swimming? Or will I have to separate them?

They will defend them aggressively.

They are the same species, some just might not be as settled as others, but I always expect some variation between individuals.

Thank you very much! !!!

I have eggs finally!!! I hope they are good parent. They seem to be taking care of them pretty good!!

Ok so there was some big nice eggs in the pot and they were garding them very well, then I wake up the next morning and there gone!!! I looked around and I can't see any fry! The mom and dad are swiming around the tank now which they wasn't doing before! Did they just all of a sudden decide to eat them? What should I do if I have more eggs leave them or take them out? I plan on making a diy egg tumbler out of pvc pipe!

They probably ate them, but it is only out of inexperience. They may eat the next spawn or two, but they'll get the hang of it and are great parents. Patience is the key, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom