whats growing in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i looked today in my 40g hex and noticed this white fuzz growing off the side of my drift wood...does anyone have an idea of what it could be i can't think of why it's there

That sometimes happens with new driftwood. Nothing to worry about. If your fish don't eat it then you can just rub it off.

It's a fungus, it can grow on DW that may have organic matter living on or inside it.

It will go away by itself but some fish do eat it.

Properly treating the wood by boiling it should minimise any organics.

xfactor6699 said:
So i looked today in my 40g hex and noticed this white fuzz growing off the side of my drift wood...does anyone have an idea of what it could be i can't think of why it's there

I have white string like substances on my fake plant.... Seemed to appear after a bacterial bloom. It's an old tank and the bacterial bloom happened after a water change I put to many black worms in at once... What is this stuff on the plants

Litos said:
I have white string like substances on my fake plant.... Seemed to appear after a bacterial bloom. It's an old tank and the bacterial bloom happened after a water change I put to many black worms in at once... What is this stuff on the plants

Please start your own thread if you have a question you need answering next time, it'll help get the answers you need :)

This link may help you, it's a list of algae with pics and info :)

http://www.otocinclus.com/articles/algae.html

Back
Top Bottom