What's my fish doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had a freshwater tank for about 3 years now and have never seen fish do this before does anyone know what they're doing they're clearing out a huge portion of rock all the way to the bottom I have two red tail cats and a jack Dempsey

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It sounds like the Dempsey's doing. It's just trying to make a comfortable place for itself. Typical cichlid behavior. It's unlikely the redtails cats are doing this for a breeding place but the Dempsey may be. Either way, it's nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

I've had a freshwater tank for about 3 years now and have never seen fish do this before does anyone know what they're doing they're clearing out a huge portion of rock all the way to the bottom I have two red tail cats and a jack Dempsey

What size tank are these guys in? The Red Tails will need ponds when full grown and the Dempsey will need a 55 min.
To answer your question, like Andy said, this is fairly normal for cichlids especially bigger ones that like to root around and "redecorate".

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a 55 but the biggest fish is about 10-12 inches and the second one is only 6inches I dot think they'd be breeding but I've seen my cat do more of it than my Dempsey

What size tank are these guys in? The Red Tails will need ponds when full grown and the Dempsey will need a 55 min.
To answer your question, like Andy said, this is fairly normal for cichlids especially bigger ones that like to root around and "redecorate".

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Don't bother trying. He doesn't care.

Back
Top Bottom