Whats this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantareadio

Aquarium Advice Activist
Two things:

Can you zoom in on the tiny peach thing? What is that??
And why are parts of my sand black underneath?

Thanks guys!
This is my lil nano tank

Attachments

• image-1621754773.jpg
    image-1621754773.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 153
To me looks like an aiptasia anemone not sure if it is or not though black bits might be the roots just remove it I would

hard to tell, but the tiny peach thing looks like a small pest anemone commonly known as aptasia.
i believe the black parts underneath your sand bed could be hydrogen sulfide pockets...though i'm not sure they can form at such a shallow depth.

Would it help to include there are baby brine shrimp that just hatched in this tank and they're touching it and nothing is happening?

How'd it get in my tank? I've had it since November and haven't added anything to it (cept brine shrimp eggs )

There are only three hermit crabs in here. Getting it seahorse prepped. No actinic light, only flourescent.

Yes, one small piece but it's been in there since I've had it...
I think it's attached to the wall of the tank...

you say you've had it since november...do you mean 1 month ago? if so, it's not uncommon to see all sorts of weird things popping up, seemingly out of no where, even years later.

If it is that anome removing it can just spread it. They reproduce by breaking off little pieces and growing new ones from that little piece. I started to the like ten of them in my 20 gallon. I got two peppermint shrimp within three days they were gone.

Back
Top Bottom