Whats up with my snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had 2 mystery (?) snails for about a month and they have been super active and a way more fun than I predicted. One of them is now just not moving and I'm worried he's dead.
I've read that they will sometimes do this for a few days but I am still worried. I touched him gently and he didn't even respond. Even if he is taking a couple days rest or whatever it is he should have responded right? He doesn't stink what so ever but he has some white stuff coming out his shell.

Attachments

• image-2099259666.jpg
    image-2099259666.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 90
Pick him up and gently shake him in the water, a dead snail will often just fall out of the shell (but be careful not to make a mess though)

If he seems ok otherwise just give him some more time. My snails will sometimes look almost dead for a few days before perking up again

The white stuff sounds like snail slime. They will make this if something in the water is hurting them. Check your PH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate and do a water change. When they die they hang out of the shell. If it is still closed up then it is alive. They go dormant for days sometimes. If you water is fine than it is probably just taking a rest.

Back
Top Bottom