What's up with 'the pea'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FastFly67

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've noticed a few people mentioning putting a cooked, skinned pea into a tank. My kois absolutely tore it apart but my betta doesn't seem too interested in it. What's it do? What's it for?

Peas add some vegetable matter to a fish's diet. Besides adding some variety to their diet it can help treat/prevent constipation.

As Joy said they are veggie variety, they can ease constipation and bloating. Sometimes fish take a while to realize it is new food.

My bettas go just as crazy for peas as they do for bloodworms!

I cut the peas up as small as their pellet food. It's a little tedious to cut a pea up but with practice it's not so bad.

I feed peas to my fancy goldfish. With the shape of their body they sometimes get constipated. I feed them peas occasionally to help prevent constipation.

Hi, Zebbie here. I just discovered that I love little pieces of edaname. My person will put a small bit in my tank and I just go straight for it! YUM! If she overestimates how far I can open my mouth (I'm not a snake, you know), I'll carry it around in my mouth until I can chomp a piece off. I've got to swallow it really quick though because the rest will sink unless I dive to get it quickly. I'll even pick it back up off the floor and swim back up to the surface before taking another bite.

I really hope I get some more soon :-D

Attachments

• Zebbie4.jpg
    Zebbie4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Zebbie5.jpg
    Zebbie5.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 78
Hi Zebbie! It looks like you're enjoying that endamame! What a pretty tank you have! Your person takes very good care of you! :)

Vegetables and peas have lots of fiber, and fiber is hard to digest, and so it goes thru the intestines and clumps all the poop together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom