What's wrong with my harlequin rasbora?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polkadots

Aquarium Advice Activist
These aren't the best pics, he/she kept moving.

What's wrong with my harlequin rasbora? Could it be bloat, tumor, pregnant, etc?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413094404.554483.jpg

It's the one in the center and not as blurry as the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413094551.831892.jpg

A different pic, it's on the left.

I forgot to mention that the harlequin rasbora is acting completely normal and looks and seems healthy. I think it's had this problem for at least two weeks. Could it be its just overeating?

All five of my Harlies look like that. We tried a more vegetarian diet and they got a little thinner but mostly still look fat. I haven't been able to come up with a reason myself. And they've looked like that for months. They are good eaters and swim normally. Lazy though. They play in the currant like a slide.

Sent from my iPhone

Some of mine look like that too. They're otherwise healthy, so I never gave it too much thought. Maybe it's a sexual characteristic? Females might be a little larger, or vice-versa.

Guess I was worried for nothing. Thank you!

I had one that was fat for a while randomly and then normal again. After observing no odd behavior I just figured he maybe had a constipation problem :)

She looks a bit bloated to me. Try feeding blanched & shelled peas, then don't feed or feed very minimally for a couple days.

Quite a few of mine are like that and have been since i got them, they seem fine

I have a few that look that as well. I've had them for quite some time and they doesn't seem to be unhealthy. They all swim and eat normally. I wouldn't worry too much.

Hmm. I'll keep an eye on her just in case, but I'm not to worried anymore. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom