What's wrong with my pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loveforplaties

Aquarium Advice Regular
She is really big pregnant and she is swimming sideways not fully sideways just like tilted to the right. I'm not sure if she's sick, about to give birth, or what. I'm super worried. It's almost As if the fry is weighing her down on the right side

Another thing I've read is they normally stop eating before they give birth but this fish keeps eating she acts starved. Earlier I thought she might have lost her mucus plug (if fish have those) it look like bloody mucus so that's why I thought it was that but it may have just been poop I'm unsure

She probably has dropsy. I would isolate her immediately. Look up treatment and symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would for a couple of days. Do a salt treatment or medicine regimen for a few days and just observe her. IF she does have a bacteria or fungus you can't see, she could potentially harm other fish. Guppies can tolerate high salt concentration but most freshwater bacteria and fungus can't. If you leave her in the tank, you're risking her life and whatever else is living in the tank.

I would for a couple of days. Do a salt treatment or medicine regimen for a few days and just observe her. IF she does have a bacteria or fungus you can't see, she could potentially harm other fish. Guppies can tolerate high salt concentration but most freshwater bacteria and fungus can't. If you leave her in the tank, you're risking her life and whatever else is living in the tank.

I put her in a small 5 gallon alone and put aquarim salt

Back
Top Bottom