whats your favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just because I'm curious, I'm wondering what people's favorite fish is. I say it doesn't have to be a kind that you own. I know its hard to pick just one, but if you had to, what would you say is your favorite kind of fish?

I think for me (and this is only based on what I've read, pictures, and watching them at pet stores many many times) my favorite is probably a big fat red and white Ryukin.

http://petsplusfish.com/catalog/images/Both_Fancy Goldfish.jpg

Dogface Puffer fish are really cool. Like a little puppy wagging its tail for you to feed it. If only I had a larger tank

If I could only pick one I probably would not have any fish...I'd be stuck in indecision forever trying to find the right fish. I'd have to stock a tank with shrimp in the meantime...

Sailfin Tang for sw and green severum for fw.
p_89950.jpg

Last edited:
Impossible for me to pick just one.
There's several small tetras including glowlites and Columbian that are beautiful and relaxing to watch.
German Blue Rams and Apistogramma borellii are my favorite cichlids.
Roanoke Darters are my favorite NA native fish so far.

People should include a photo of their favorite in this thread.

I don't think there's any possible way for me to pick a favorite. I don't do SW, but so many SW fish are so gorgeous.

Of the fish I keep, I'd have to go with one of either:
Boesmani Rainbowfish (not my photo, but what mine looke like):
istockphoto_711329_boesmani.jpg

or rummynose tetras (again not my photo):
fw0097.jpg

Ranked in descending order:
1. Tiger Barbs, because I love to watch them spawn AND they are attractive and indestructable.
2. Any non-agressive fish that doesn't hide when you enter the room.

I'll follow with Taelen...
Favorite I HAD: Turquoise Dwarf Gourami
Favorite I'd like: German Blue Ram

Also, any school of smaller fish like tetras.

i wud really have to pick corydoras, especially paleatus and sterbai, they're just gorgeous. .. and they spawn a lot too [at least in my tank they do^^]

owh yeahh .. .glass catfish and chain loaches too, cant hate them at all^^

Big Fish - Arowanas (have 2 large Blacks, 2 med Australian Jardinis, 2 small Australian Leich)

Small Fish - Malawi Cichlids (had about 50 of them in my 135gal that I got rid of to get a larger tank for My Arowanas and Peacock Bass)

I can't pick just one fish as my fav either. There are so many amazing fish both FW and SW. I don't have many FW fish anymore but for FW I have to say that it is the Neon Tetra that I love the most. The intense blue and red is just awesome!

SW - I don't know what my fav is I have so many that I like but of what I have right now I think my clowns are my #1 favs followed by the rest of the fish in my tank.

I really like the male guppies there fins are so prettyand then the rummy nose and the neon tetras are my favorite

My current favorite fish would be any of my bettas. I am really growing attached to my big blue female named Gertrude.

The one fish I would love to have in the future would be Betta rubra, Betta coccina or Betta dimidiata.

I'm a betta freak;)

Back
Top Bottom