What's your favorite thing your fish do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two columbian sharks in with my mollys. They usually swim together but sometimes they will chase the mollys around (playfully) and then go back to swimming together. Watching them is my favorite, i noticed this morning that one of them was doing something new! He was playing tag with my black molly, at least it looked like tag. It was so cute to watch them play and i find it funny cuz from what i have read they are territorial but the two i have, have awesome personalities.

Watchin my molly fry zip around is fun too ;)

I love watching the 3 of my Male TigerBarbs fighting it out for dominance of the shoal. No one ever gets hurt ... well aside from a nipped fin here or there.

The best is when most of them actually shoal together back and forth along the back of the tank. Looks like a convoy of fish.

I love watching the 3 of my Male TigerBarbs fighting it out for dominance of the shoal. No one ever gets hurt ... well aside from a nipped fin here or there.

The best is when most of them actually shoal together back and forth along the back of the tank. Looks like a convoy of fish.

I used to have some tiger barbs, they were awesome little fish, i loved watching them school. They were just really mean, i bought an angel fish and like an hour later they killed it lol.

My Platys like to play in the current of the filter, and in the bubbles of my airstone. Right after they eat and digest their food, they go over and either in the current or bubbles, they'll swim up (against the curren) and then let the current push them back down. And they will do this forEVER! We call it their tredmill work out time after meals :)

I used to have some tiger barbs, they were awesome little fish, i loved watching them school. They were just really mean, i bought an angel fish and like an hour later they killed it lol.

Oh come on ... dangling an Angel fish in front of TigerBarbs is like tying a
T-bone steak on a rabbit in front of a pack of rabid wild dogs:popcorn:. That fish:fish1: had a target on it the instant it entered the tank:D.

Oh come on ... dangling an Angel fish in front of TigerBarbs is like tying a
T-bone steak on a rabbit in front of a pack of rabid wild dogs:popcorn:. That fish:fish1: had a target on it the instant it entered the tank:D.

I was young and didn't know the error of my ways :banghead:

when my shark and cray share a cave:) they dont do this much anymore cuz my cray barely fits in her cave when shes alone,and they wont do it at all soo,when i upgrade(my shark goes in the bigger tank,my cray stays in the 20 cuz she eats fishys)

What's your favorite thing your fish do?

Come out of the jungle of plants long enough for me to see them...its one thign to be under stocked (125g tank, 20 small 2-4 inch fish) but then to have a jungle growing makes it that much harder to see them.

I love it when I turn on the light in the morning and my kuhli's spazz out, zig-zagging all over the tank for a few seconds. Also one of my bettas who is always sleeping in some hilarious position. I'll often find him nose down in a plant completely vertical, seemingly sound asleep. Silly fishies ;)

I love when my dwarf lionfish wakes up and takes it's afternoon stroll and my clown fish might get a little too close to his spines! :eek:nlyifheknew!:

It may seem weird but I love watching how shy my blue gourami is. Gourami's are supposed to be semi-aggressive? Well whoever said that has obviously never met mine! He's the fraidy cat of the tank! I've tried in vain to take pictures of him but he can see the camera and always runs from it!

It may seem weird but I love watching how shy my blue gourami is. Gourami's are supposed to be semi-aggressive? Well whoever said that has obviously never met mine! He's the fraidy cat of the tank! I've tried in vain to take pictures of him but he can see the camera and always runs from it!

That's how my betta and sailfin molly are. But they do it just to mess with me haha.

black shark - king of the jungle!

I have a small black shark who has claimed my piece of driftwood as his own - it has a hollowed out place in it and he hides in there - if anyone swims by to close - he jumps out at them and then slowly lowers himself back down into the hole again! He lays in it upright - I nicknamed him Jaws! - Just need the theme music now............da da da da!

I have a GBR that's used to protect a light blue spot in the background of the tank. Any fish that got even close to this blue spot would be chased off. I still don't know why she used to protect this blue spot, but it sure was funny to watch.

I have a GBR that's used to protect a light blue spot in the background of the tank. Any fish that got even close to this blue spot would be chased off. I still don't know why she used to protect this blue spot, but it sure was funny to watch.

Sounds like the fish from Finding Nemo lol "MY blue spot!"

Live.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.

I love it when I turn on the light in the morning and my kuhli's spazz out, zig-zagging all over the tank for a few seconds. Also one of my bettas who is always sleeping in some hilarious position. I'll often find him nose down in a plant completely vertical, seemingly sound asleep. Silly fishies ;)
My kuhlis do that too. I wonder how they avoid running into anybody else! Then, they usually just settle back into the spot they were just in!
I love my hyper-active corys too. They are beyond cute when I watch them hunt around with their tiny barbels. Then, they suddenly shoot around the tank so fast that I can barely keep track of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom