What's your favourite tetra?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristian Tombs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Think of getting a shoal of 6 tetras. I'm open to suggestions. Thank you in advance.

In smaller tanks, ember tetras have been my favorite. They often look a bit dull in stores, but get to be really bright little gems. They are also quite peaceful, and not too easily spooked like some other smaller tetras can be.

I also suggest embers, they are not just small, but they are also not fast swimmers, so you don't have to worry about them running into the glass. Mine cruise the tank either in one shoal, or they may break off into two to explore. They colour up really nicely once they are settled, and look fabulous against the browns of drift and bogwood, and the bright green java ferns. They like to have a lot of plants to forage and hide in, but they don't eat them. They are a peaceful fish who don't like to have overly rambunctious tankmates. Mine are mostly mid level swimmers.

My favorite tetras are paracheirodon innesi and paracheirodon axelrodi

Cleaned up the thread a bit, so we can stay focused on the issue at hand; a school of tetras suitable for a 10gal tank.

Cleaned up the thread a bit, so we can stay focused on the issue at hand; a school of tetras suitable for a 10gal tank.

Like that this guy wants to pack fish in a 10 gallon that already has two gourami. I'm telling you he is shopping around for the answer he wants. He has posted several threads for the same tank.

Like that this guy wants to pack fish in a 10 gallon that already has two gourami. I'm telling you he is shopping around for the answer he wants. He has posted several threads for the same tank.

Never said that the shoal of tetras were for the gourami tank did I?

Actually, yes you kind of did. You also have alluded to the fact that you plan to add the tetras to the guaromi tank in several other threads. It is much easier to get the members here to help you if you keep things consistent, and actually listen to the advice you recieve.

Actually, yes you kind of did. You also have alluded to the fact that you plan to add the tetras to the guaromi tank in several other threads. It is much easier to get the members here to help you if you keep things consistent, and actually listen to the advice you recieve.

+1 agree

Okay okay

X-ray pristella tetras are my favorite. They are hardy and strikingly beautiful. I have 7 and I love them.

So in essence it would appear that the answer to the question, given your current stocking list, is none. If you remove the guorami's, then you have lots of options.

Back
Top Bottom