Whats your thoughts on 5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would agree with absolutangel; I find Dwarf Puffers to be kinda like Bettas. I use this analogy too much, but you never know how they are going to react to a tank mate until you try. Some are so aggressive it isn't even funny, while others are just as laid back as can be. I've seen some fully grown Ghost Shrimp take a food item from a Dwarf Puffer. Since Ghosties are so cheap I would say to pop in about a few and go from there.

Seachem excel kill Val's right??? I don't want my corkscrew Val's do die, but does API co2 booster affect Val's in the same way???

Well, I don't really know for sure. I've read that it isn't so much the excel as it is the fact that it has to get used to it. Once it gets used to the regular dosing of excel it thrives. I know it sounds odd, but that is just what I've heard.

adadkins1 said:
Well, I don't really know for sure. I've read that it isn't so much the excel as it is the fact that it has to get used to it. Once it gets used to the regular dosing of excel it thrives. I know it sounds odd, but that is just what I've heard.

Yeah I have heard that you can do that, but is there any reaction in the Val's to API co2 booster???

I did my first big water change today, I know it was a little longer than it should have been, but I had to get a gravel vacuum. The one I bought was still too big for my 5 gallon tank, even though it was rated for up to 10 gallons. So I just took a cup and cupped the water out of the tank. What do you use for water changes in such a small or nano sized tank???

Here are a few updated pics!

Attachments

• image-426006880.jpg
    image-426006880.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image-666410440.jpg
    image-666410440.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 65
i have a 5 gal with a betta i just started... hes the only one in the tank and i have gravel and 2 silk plants for now... ill be getting some plants but am unsure about how to go about cleaning the gravel once i get the plants... im thinking about apple snails or nerite snails or ghost shrimp for tank mates for him...

dancersmama79 said:
i have a 5 gal with a betta i just started... hes the only one in the tank and i have gravel and 2 silk plants for now... ill be getting some plants but am unsure about how to go about cleaning the gravel once i get the plants... im thinking about apple snails or nerite snails or ghost shrimp for tank mates for him...

Good luck, would love to see pics!

dancersmama79 said:
i have several pics in my profile albums... for some reason i cant upload pics on here

I would always suggest having a bigger tank like 5 gallons for a betta, you will see a lot more personality. But if you want live plants you will probably need a brighter light bulb!

Back
Top Bottom