When do guppy fry get color?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 9 almost week old guppy fry that are starting to get color?!?! Is this normal? I've raised Molly fry and they didn't start getting color until they were a few months old. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

It depends on the species and the fish so I would say that it is probably is okay.

I've had some start getting hints of color that early but usually they were in the 3 week range before they get much. You can sex them already.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had some start getting hints of color that early but usually they were in the 3 week range before they get much. You can sex them already.

Really I can sex them already? When I raised mollies it took almost 4 months to tell differences between the genders.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yeah you can sex them really early, around a week to ten days if I remember. Its been awhile. I've bred platys and guppies before. Its all in the fin shape.

They will breed really young as well. I lost a young female who got pregnant when she was around 3 weeks old, she died giving birth at only around a month and a half old.

Back
Top Bottom