When do molly fry sexually mature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a batch of 6 week old Dalmatian Molly fry moved into my 20 gallon tank that I just separated from my younger fry. I noticed one of the fry chasing around others in a similar way my male adult Molly does with my females. I'm looking very closely and trying to see a gonopodium but I can't be certain... It's not a constant behavior, just something I noticed earlier. The fry are from 1/2"-- 3/4" and there are approx 35 of them...
What do you guys suggest?

I saw one of the lil guys/girls fanning his/her top fin while playing (?) with the others... I'm wondering if it's a little boy having a little fun there..
Does anyone have experience with Molly fry and when they mature?

ocminpin said:
I have a batch of 6 week old Dalmatian Molly fry moved into my 20 gallon tank that I just separated from my younger fry. I noticed one of the fry chasing around others in a similar way my male adult Molly does with my females. I'm looking very closely and trying to see a gonopodium but I can't be certain... It's not a constant behavior, just something I noticed earlier. The fry are from 1/2"-- 3/4" and there are approx 35 of them...
What do you guys suggest?

Idk about mollies but it took my swordtails about 2 months to mature enough to be noticeable as male or female. Maybe three months for u

Back
Top Bottom