When do you usually feed plecos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SumthingsFishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone feed their pleco with algae wafers seperately from their other fish? I dont grow much algae, but I find that when i feed my pleco wafers at the same time my other fish are being fed, the other fish get hold of the wafers before the pleco can even get to them. Does anyone feed them at night or any suggestions to keep my other fish from eating the pleco food?

Yep, I feed them after lights out. I also offer blanched zucchini and romaine and make sure they have wood in the tank as some need it as part of their diet. I also offer frozen bloodworms using a turkey baster to spot feed thawed food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually feed my plecos when all my other fish get fed. My 14" pleco can get to his wafers no problem and I usually put a few in for my bristlenose plecos.

I put in a couple of algae wafers after lights out for my BN. He is scared of his own shadow and even the cherry shrimp keep him off the wafers in the light.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When I turn the lights out I find my sailfin likes his wafers but he does love the catfish pellets when I feed them when lights are on

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll always drop an algae wafer at a different time then when I feed the rest of the tank. Usually right before the lights go out. Same if I'm feeding zucchini or any other veggie for the plecos.

Back
Top Bottom