When Will Guppy Drop Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry forgot pics

Attachments

• image-2217308045.jpg
    image-2217308045.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 108
Hard to tell from picture how far along she is but what you do depends on you completely. Do you want to keep and grow fry or not? If you want to keep them, transferring her to a "fry tank" is the brest option-a small 5-10g tank with gentle filtration and clean water that mimics the parameters of your normal tank. Barring a separate tank, a breeder trap will suffice.
Your could just let her give birth as is, and though some fry will get eaten, plenty hide well enough to avoid becoming a male until they're old enough to not be eaten

Yeah i want fry i put her in the fry tank to give birth for a day or so but none yet

Is the nursery tank cycled? She needs a few friends if in there for more than 2 days. Floating and sinking plants should be abundant to hide fry . Keep momma well fed, so she Dosent eat her fry. Once you have noticed she is done birthing re acclamate he FTP her home tank. Let the baby's grow up in the tank they were born in. Put a sponge over the filter intake so try don't get sucked up to thier doom. And feed mom regularly.

Ok so i put her back in the community tank and she went the heater wont move or eat

Watch her vent. If it opens wait for a fry to come, then put her in the trap. Don't put her in until she is piping out the fry.

There is a white string comeing from around her anus area any idea what it is?

Lol ironicaly after i posted last time i checked her and no white string dont know what it could be

Sometimes when a live bearer is pregnant her wastes are white. My females go to the bathroom a lot and when they are pregnant their waste is white. Are there makes in the community tank with her? If so watch them. They usually follow her around while she's birthing waiting for the fry. Also the females sometimes hang out by the filter when they are about to start giving birth. Make sure to check that her stomach doesn't look square... If her stomach does start to look square it's another sign she's about ready to pop!

Okay in that third sentence it asks are there makes in the community tank with her... I meant to say males.also try to get a clearer picture of her if she's not moving like you say she isn't it should be easy.

I dont know what is wrong or what i did but she died ( i was very upset ) im going to petco tomarrow to get another female so hopefully she dosent die

So sorry to hear that you lost her, really stinks when that happens. How are the parameters? Was she at the bottom or floating?

The first picture you posted showed her pretty large but the gravid spot didn't seen that big. She didn't have the pine-coned effect of dropsy did she?

Not really and im notsurethe levels i emptied the water after she died and she was on bottom

Back
Top Bottom