when will she give birth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alii922

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
missed one fish give birth already, was told not to move them to the breeding net too soon or it will stress them out, but i dont want to miss this one, can anyone give me any kinda clue as to when i should move her to the breeding tank?

Attachments

• DSCN1235.jpg
    DSCN1235.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN1229.jpg
    DSCN1229.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1226.jpg
    DSCN1226.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1218.jpg
    DSCN1218.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 82
It's difficult to say. She's not square so probably a way to go yet. *touch wood*

Ok, thts wat we thought, my husband and I have been fightin over when we should move her over to the breeder, just wantd some more advice frm people tht have been threw this before..thanks =)

I had a female silver Molly who had 3+ batches of fry (that I was aware of) and she never got the squared off look, or even very fat. It's hard to tell sometimes! I just kept her in a 10g by herself and one day out of the blue the tank was full of about 50 fry

Great lol..idk how to tell, I've just been lookin for squareness lol..and she didn't eat of the fry?

My platys get square the day before they drop. What you should do is make a note of when they do drop and then you'll know roughly when the next ones are due. It was 4 weeks and 3 days between batches for mine.

No, she didn't eat any if them. She was the only Molly that I had (out of about 15) that didn't eat fry
I think the safest way is to just make a ton of hiding places for the babies by floating a bunch of plants, then you don't risk stressing out mommy by moving her to a confined space.

I did notice my silver Molly's gravid spot got very dark with the babies eyes showing through though when she was close to giving birth. Yours does not look very dark yet

I was gonna try moving her to the 10 gallon I hve set up, but I need to get a heater first, which I will be gettin tomorrow, I guess ill get more plants too, thanks =)

Back
Top Bottom