Where can I get PVC Gate Valves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mannydouhnut

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can't find PVC gate valves on the Home Depot, Ace Hardware, or Lowe's websites. Is there any where that I could drive to get one that not made out of metal.

Lfs some have them I know one that sells them but that won't help you out. good luck, needed for sump?

Gate valves and ball valves are the same thing. In the Aquarium they are called gate valves. In the plumbing arena they are called ball valves. They are made of PVC and have plastic parts...no metal because of rust. Application for both is the same....control the flow of a liquid.

So I guess I should go out and replace all of the gate valves in my sprinkler system with ball valves. I also use ball valves in my Discus tank filtration system. I use them on my hoses as well as my pumps. Ask a plumber

If that makes you happy, sure. That doesn't help the OP though. I don't need to ask a plumber how your plumbing is configured... that is of no relavence to this thread.

Waaaaaanh, Waaaaanh, Waaaaanh!
It's ok to be wrong every now and then. It's not ok to act like that, though. This doesn't help you, the OP, or anyone reading this thread. If you'd like to continue this discussion, please feel free to PM me so that I can better help you understand the difference between the two.

gate vales

yes there is a big difference between gate valves and ball valves. The easiest way to tell the difference is gate valves have a screw down handle on the top and a ball valve has a single lever that when you push it down opens it up and when it is at a right angle, the valve is closed.

I think I am going to go with the spears gate valve on bulk reef supply.

Don't worry what the site says, 9 out of 10 times whatever hardware store you go to they'll have it in stock.

I bought one of the really high quality spears valves it's a gate valve that comes apart so you can clean it and the handle rotates in a very smooth fashion.

Back
Top Bottom