Where did this snail come from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was feeding my livebearers in my 20 gallon tank and noticed a large ramshorn snail in there. I have no idea how he got there. I didn't stock him and the only time I added plants they were from another one of my tanks. I don't have ramshorn snails in any of my other tanks. The only other snails I have are smaller pond snails. Anyone have any idea where this guy could've come from?

I thought about the possibility that he came in on some swordtails a friend of mine gave me. The problem is my friend swears he has no snails in any of his tanks.

toddnbecka said:
Anyone have any idea where this guy could've come from?
:idea: Most likely a snail egg :lol:
The spontaneous generation theory lacks scientific support. 8O

Hmm, I don't know. If I had ramshorns somewhere I'd buy that it hitch hiked from another tank somewhere. Since I don't, spontaneous generation seems plausible to me. I talked to the guy I got the sword tails from (the only new fish I've added to the tank). He swears up and down that he has no snails in his tank period. Says his BGK ate them all a long time ago.

No spontaneous generation. That theory was done away with ages ago and there really is no scientific proof to back it with.:)

Somewhere he hitched in with you. My guess is your friend thought that he had no snails but actually does. They can hide for a long time. I just found a ramshorn snail in my planted tank after having it setup for about 2 months now I guess.

Back
Top Bottom