Where should I put my heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, I am new to fish-keeping and just set up my 26 gallon bow-front Fluval today. I put the filter in, and it is working beautifully, and I have gravel and rocks set up, as well as my lighting. However, I don't know how to set up my heater or where to put it.

It's a Fluval M100, and it came with the tank in a kit. It suctions onto the side of the tank. (Photos attached, please forgive me if they aren't the best quality.)

Where do I put it, and how do I position it? There are these weird things on the lid that look like they could be cutouts or something, but I'm not sure (See photo). Do I just put it next to my filter? That section was already open and didn't have one of the weird cutout things, so I put my filter there. My heater fits next to the filter, but they touch at the top and I'm not sure about that...

Thanks,
DreaminginBlue :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 49
Oops!

I accidentally managed to only post one photo... here is the heater itself.
I apologize, I'm rather new and not great with files. Next photo will be in next reply. I don't know how to post more than one at the same time.

~DreaminginBlue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 55
The Lid

Here's a picture of the lid, with the filter and the cutouts.

~DreaminginBlue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 51
I bought a similar setup at Petsmart. I had no idea there were tops you had to cut out! We used a box cutter to cut them open. I put my heater through the smallest cutout farthest to the right.

Thank you so much! Did that work out well? I was worried about putting it too far from the filter, as the heater packaging said "to preferably place it near a source of water movement to evenly distribute heat."

Back
Top Bottom