Where to buy black worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KnightRid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have some guidance as to where to go to buy black worms. I used to get them locally but he has gone out of business! I live about 45 minutes from ThatPetPlace, but when I went to buy some, they only allow 2oz per customer! I need more than this as it would take a ton in gas money just to run back and forth at least once a week because of my elephant nose fish.

I know of aquaticfoods.com (really do not like how they make you order - its 2007, online ordering and processing should be a gimmie) and wormman.com.

I was hoping someone would have an idea on one local to me - I am close to York, PA, Harrisburg, PA, Baltimore, MD, Lancaster, PA. I do not mind travelling a bit as long as I can get at least a pound at a time.

If not anything local, does anyone have any other online sources? Should I trust the way aquaticfoods does their orders? ( I have had 3 credit card numbers used by others and have had my debit card replaced 5 times due to identity theft/stolen numbers, thats why I am leary )

Thank You for the help
Mike

I can't speak for sources, but a lot of credit card companies now allow you to log into their online panel to manage your card and create temporary credit card numbers for purchases. If you are wary, you can try that.

bs6749 said:
www.aquabid.com has them sometimes. Here is an example: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?foodl&1194757803

I'm not sure if this is a good price and I don't know if there are other auctions for blackworms, it was the first one I saw. Maybe you can work something out to get them cheaper.

Thanx for the site but $38 is on the high side.

I have ordered from wormman.com, we shall see how it goes. I am in PA and they are NJ, so it shouldnt take long to ship - maybe they send next day air?

Mike

Thanx for all the help! Keep the suggestions coming if you know any place in my area to get them, or know of a place cheaper than $33 for a pound online!

Mike
Dan from Aquatic Foods here.
We tried a auto order page and stopped it after a month or so.
We prefer to have our customers order via email because
we answer everyone on a one to one basis. No auto responses.
The reason is our conformations always lets the customer know exactly when we will ship and when it will arrive. We're a family business
and guess were old school when it come to service.
Anyway when Wormman places their orders if your is there
we'll ship them to you. They should confirm to you I believe.
Thanks for for the order.

Dan

dancbw said:
Mike
Dan from Aquatic Foods here.
We tried a auto order page and stopped it after a month or so.
We prefer to have our customers order via email because
we answer everyone on a one to one basis. No auto responses.
The reason is our conformations always lets the customer know exactly when we will ship and when it will arrive. We're a family business
and guess were old school when it come to service.
Anyway when Wormman places their orders if your is there
we'll ship them to you. They should confirm to you I believe.
Thanks for for the order.

Dan

I guess I could have just called you to order too :oops:

Order was placed and billed Thursday, but i guess they wont be shipped till Monday. At least now I know that they are your worms, so I can order direct next time if I like them :)

I might have to try some of those worm containers also. I use a regular plastic container to keep them in the fridge and wash them every day. It gets to be a pain trying to get the water back out without worms escaping down the drain.

I like the personal service, just still leary about putting the credit information on a form, then emailing an order - really dunno why, but I just am ( yes I am a bit strange :eyes: )

Mike

Mike like you said you can call in your order if the e-mail makes you a little un-easy. also I have found that store owners/ managers want the business of people who they know will be repeaters. you could always try talking to the manager of thatpetplace and explain to him your situation, he/she might be accommodating.

hey there Mike
being i don't have your email.
How did everything with the blackworms work out?
Fish go for them?

Dan
Aquatic Foods

Back
Top Bottom