where to buy ghost shrimp. ? Petco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aliray

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had purchased 4 feeder ghost shrimp a few months ago and now only have one left. 2 died and one is mia? I was in petco the other day and noticed they have a few in their aquariums for 40 cents each. Are they raised in a healthier environment versus the feeder ghosts in the big tanks at pet supermarket? Does anybody have any idea? I just want to pick up 3 or 4 for my 10 gal tank. Alison:confused:

I've been told by all our LFS stores they just don't tend to live long.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Lifespan really depends on the species. There are many shrimp sold as ghosts with the size and aggression ranging. In the end, the most important thing to know is salinity. I've encountered and herd of stores that use salt in their shrimp tanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had better luck with Petco ghost shrimp than Walmart. Different suppliers. I'm currently looking for some myself as my Petco doesn't carry them. My LFS lady has them on order with my cherry shrimp--may try that route.

My lfs stocks them as feeders... I put 25 into my 75G community a few months ago to assist in algae patrol, a couple weeks ago I counted 15 when I did the major cleaning and re-planting. The others likely ended up as snacks for the angels.

The common grass shrimp (a type of ghost) is a freshwater shrimp, so theres no need for salinity levels.

Back
Top Bottom