Where to buy java moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela1108

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys!
I did a quick search and couldn't find any really recent posts about it but other than here what places do you guys order plants from?

I am specifically looking for java moss to carpet my tank with (or other low light carpet) and allllll the stores around here either don't get it at all or only get it in ball form. I have like 1 more local one to try before I give up and order. I guess I could buy the ball and hack it apart too. Has anyone had luck with that??

I have found some other alternatives but I just really like the looks of the java moss more. Petsmart keeps trying to get me to use dwarf hairgrass. I know there is pretty much NO chance of that in low light. I just don't bother arguing that with them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mr fisher might have some

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am specifically looking for java moss to carpet my tank with (or other low light carpet)

What size tank are you attempting a moss carpet on? Moss is a slow grower, so it may take a lot of moss or patience, depending on the real estate.

IMO, there's other mosses that will make for a better carpet than Java. I like mini Xmas, peacock, or mini fissidens for that. Buying from other hobbyists in the classifieds here in AA or TPT is a good place to look.

Dwarf sag is a pretty good candidate for a low light carpeting plant. There's other options depending on your light level.

I got some dwarf hg from Petsmart and yes... it needs a lot of light. Plus my fish ate it lol

55 gallon so I was planning on buying quote a lot. I will definitely look into the other mosses!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Put a post up in the classifieds, you'll prob end up with cheaper and Better moss than local or internet stores.

Back
Top Bottom