Where to buy online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyno13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking to buy some African Cichlids. I do not have a local pet store. The closest one is 3 hours away. I was wondering where is a good online site to order them. All opinions are welcome good and bad.

Bluegrasaquatics has a big selection and faces rare fish has some cool hard to find stuff

Liveaquaria.com is one of the best many fish store owners have vouched for it. Hope ya like it

Live fish direct or cichlid express are great

I don't recommend bluegrass aquatics. I've ordered over 70 Africans online from cichlid express and livefish direct and not one DOA or even sick

How was shipping prices on all these sites

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm decisions. I am looking to get about 20ish Mbuna who might have a wide selection.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ian,

Interesting you say that about bluegrass. I just received my first batch from their. Everything arrived alive and looking healthy. They also added an additional fish to 3 of my 5 groups. I ordered 15 and got 18 african peacocks. All in the "small" size.

I will let you know how things progress.

Peace

No actually I didn't. I ordered an oscar. 6 sd's and 5 Acei's and a tire track eel. The main place I ordered from there was because I wanted the eel and that was one of the only places that had one in stock at the time. So I ordered it all and then the day it was supposed to ship I got a email saying I got refunded money for items that were unavailable so I called to see what it was about. The guy said they didn't have the eel so i got refunded for it but I told him if they didn't have everything I didn't want it yet because I don't want to pay for two separate shipping costs. He was actually a little rude as well. The fish came and didn't look healthy at all. 4 of the Acei's died within the first few days and spread whatever they had to some of my other mbuna in the tank. The silver dollars and oscar went in my other big tank and after a few days the silver dollars were covered in ick. I treated and luckily they lived.

On the other hand I've ordered over 50 fish from both cichlid express and live fish direct and did not lose a single fish in the first two weeks. I've lost 2 so far total (these were juveniles). I heard similar complaints about bluegrass customer service and apparently the facility is pretty bad

I say little Africa aquatics has great list and atlantis hatchery both great and you can drop my name anthonysafricans sent ya

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom