Where to buy Southdown or Old Castle in FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That seems a bit extreme
Quite frankly, it is rediculous. Whether they have a contract with CaribSea or not, it is bad business to deny folks sand regardless of the use...I would like to see CarribSea sell a 2,000 lb bag of the stuff...not!

Timbo is right. What difference does it make. Why should they care who buys it. I mean if they sell it $20 a ton it shouldn't make a difference if your CaribSea or Salty, Timbo, Reefrunner, etc.

If you ask me CaribSea should be considered crooks! I mean $30 for a 40# bag compared to $20 a ton. That highway robbery :) . They have cornered the market. Doesn't the Govt. govern monopolizing. :x

Timbo is right. What difference does it make. Why should they care who buys it. I mean if they sell it $20 a ton it shouldn't make a difference if your CaribSea or Salty, Timbo, Reefrunner, etc.

Caribsea probably would not like to hear that the company that they buy their sand from is basically selling it out from under them at a much cheaper price. And Marcona doesn't want to loose Caribsea as a customer since I am sure that Caribsea buys "tons" of sand from them.

The politics of business...

I agree kevin seems to me there would be more playboxes around here as we tend to have warmer weather....... JMO

Awhile back I spoke to the people at Old Castle. I told I need their playsand, but couldn't find it here in FL. They gave me a number...guess who's number....CaribSea. CaribSea only sells to the Aquarium hobby...go figure :?

I just can't get over $30 for 40#. It just baffles me. I am sure the owner of CaribSea lives in some million dollar home in South Beach. I bet he has the worlds largest playbox filled with that sand. He/She probably doesn't even own an aquarium. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom