Where to get 5lb co2 tank filled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bdonaldson

Aquarium Advice Addict
Urrr, I am so frustrated right now. I have been calling all over the place and I can't find a place that will fill my 5 lb co2 tank. They want to exchange it out but won't fill it. Does anyone know of a place that will fill my tank?

Lots of places involved with welding and brewing will refill tanks. Some places, it is actually cheaper to just do a tank switch though. This also is beneficial because many places will not refill a tank that's past a certain age.

OK. Still check welders and breweries. I go to my local welding shop to get refills on paintball cartridges, but they also do large tanks as well.

Found a welding repair service that will fill it but I have to drop it off and they will fill it when they get others to fill. It's not cost effective to fill just one tank. Thanks so much for your help. I was about to give up on finding a place.

As big a city as Saint Louis is there is 1 place that will actually fill tanks but be warned after a certain amount of time you will have to pay to have the tank recertified which around here is 25-30 dollars. But I'm the same way, I don't want to give up the nice shiny tank when it needs filling!

Thanks for the heads up on the extra cost Janis. I appreciate it. I have had my tank for a couple of months now and every time I research where to get it filled I just get frustrated and give up.

Back
Top Bottom