where to go from here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so like many people i didnt learn about cycling until i already had fish. My tank has been set up for about a week and i already have nitrates.( around 10ppm when i tested today). There is still ammonia present(.25ppm and i did a pwc) and i had 0 nitrites.

Im confused on how to proceed from here. just continue with pwc's every day? because i know that a cycle wouldnt even be close to done in a week.

well the nitrate probably came from the tap water so the tank probably isnt cycled at all. what kind of fish do you have?

couple zebra danios and white clouds.
i know they need more of a school but im holding off until the cycle gets more along

also i was wondering if i fill out the schools regardless. i realize they will include are larger bioload but i will be able to do pwcs everyday

Well once you get your tank established and all your parameters are good you shouldn't have to do it that often, I usually do mine a couple times a week and that's just because I have white pfs so it shows all the fish poo! So I will usually vacuum twice a week with my python at the very most 3 times a week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom