Where to purchase Nitrogen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ASpec

Aquarium Advice Freak
My NO3 is sitting at almost 0 ppm right now, which is causing some green hair algae to form. My Turbo Twist UV is doing a decent job with this now that I have it on 24/7 but I would really like to increase my NO3 back up to the recommended 10 ppm.

Where can I purchase Nitrogen and how do I know how much to dose into my 58 gallon tank to raise the NO3 back into the 10 ppm range?

TIA!

Perfect. Thanks. Does it come with any information on how to dose? I don't see anything regarding dosing on the web site.

Dosing depends alot on how many times a week you wanna dose. Most people dose once to the target level at water change, then 1-3 more times during the week (but not as much as the initial). I'm still running in circles trying to figure out how much and when to dose my tanks . . . . . Good luck!

Thanks for the calcultator link. Now I am even more confused!

It tells me that if I add 10 tablespoons of KN03 to 500 ml of water I would to need add appx. 10 ml's of this solution into my tank to raise my NO3 to around 10 ppm's (each ml of mixed solution would raise the N03 by 0.94 ppm in my 58 gallon tank).

Does this sound right?

I just did the same calculations and I got the same answer. So yes you got that part figured out. I would go slow and raise 5 at a time.

Back
Top Bottom