Where to put a qt tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm probly getting a 55 gallon and I might be setting up a qt tank. Could I put it in the stand under my tank. It has an open back so it would get indirect natural light. It would also be close to the main tank so I could get a small filter and keep it on the 55 and move it to the qt quickly to filter without a major cycle. Also I will probly get an air pump with 2 outlets so I could connect one to the main and one to the qt. Is this a good idea? Thnx.

That would work. Are you talking about keeping it empty? That is what I do. I keep it in the garage, keep the filter running in my 84G and when I need to use it, I fill it with dechlored water, put the filter and an airstone in it and away I go. Works great and I dont have an empty tank set up all the time (too hard to keep it cycled). There are lots of differing opinions though and I am sure you will hear some.

I keep my QT/Hospital Tank on my dresser in my bedroom. Being a 10 gal tank, it fits up there quite nice. I like keeping it there because I can give it extra care and don't have to go out of my way to get to it. Also, that keeps my QT tank separate from my other tank, allowing me to keep the equipment separate (for disease control reasons)

Back
Top Bottom