Which air pump for oxygenation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martonic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi - I just set up a 55 gallon planted tank with fish and I want to run air bubbles at night when the light goes off.

I installed a Whisper 100 air pump but it is awfully noisy!

I am considering a Rena 300 instead. I want to install this in the aquarium stand, directly below the aquarium (using two check valves).

Does that make sense?

I split your post from the thread it was posted so it would receive more attention.

Yes, that is how all of my air pumps are installed, under the tank with a check valve.

I split your post from the thread it was posted so it would receive more attention.

Yes, that is how all of my air pumps are installed, under the tank with a check valve.
Thank you very much.

I want to power two airstones, each 13 inches deep (the 55 gallon tank is 18 inches deep but there is about five inches of substrates and gravel at the bottom).

I am thinking maybe the Rena 200 would be strong enough for that? Or if the Rena 300 would be more appropriate, I can afford that - even the Luft pump I could afford, but am concerned it would be overkill.

So: Rena 200, or Rena 300 - any ideas?

Hi, did you decide on either of them?
I'm thinking to get Rena 200, and looking for feedback.

Hi - I got the Rena 300 and although not silent, it is fairly quiet and serves well.

I compared a number of models in a store, including the Rena 200, and the Rena 300 was by far the least noisy of them all.

Hi - I got the Rena 300 and although not silent, it is fairly quiet and serves well.

I compared a number of models in a store, including the Rena 200, and the Rena 300 was by far the least noisy of them all.

Thank you Martonic,
I've decided to go without a pump for now, but will keep your feedback in mind!

Back
Top Bottom