which book / author to read?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there an authoritative author / text on the subject of salt water aquariums? I'm looking for something that will teach me about the different types of setups, this filter vs. that filter type, bio balls vs. live rock rubble, how to construct a sump, etc etc. More so the equipement than the livestock, although I understand that one is largely based on the other.

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Hobbyists
by Robert M. Fenner

This is a must read for new people to saltwater.

The New Marian Aquarium
Step By Step Setup and Stocking Guide
by Michael S Paletta

This is a pretty good book that goes through and explains the pros and cons of everything from sand to filters and lights. My opinion its a great book for beginner advice. But now I am looking for something more advanced so I'm going to tag in on this forum.

Fenner goes into more detail than Paletta on subjects of the acutal inhabitants of our tanks. After finishing the conscientious marine aquarists then move over to his Reef Inverts book. When finished with those then move over to the Aquarium Corals book. All of these can be found in our Saltwater library with convient links to amazon.

Back
Top Bottom