Which coralife t5 bulb??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryanw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was told for live plants to replace t8 bulb with a t5. I stopped at LFS yesterday and they had 3 different coralife t5 bulbs. My question is which one should I get? And what are the benefits of each?

Coralife 6700k daylight

Coralife 10000k daylight

Coralife color max

Then I seen a 4th bulb while checking prices online but not for sale at LFS and it was coralife actinic blue light.

Thanks for any help

I was told for live plants to replace t8 bulb with a t5. I stopped at LFS yesterday and they had 3 different coralife t5 bulbs. My question is which one should I get? And what are the benefits of each?

Coralife 6700k daylight

Coralife 10000k daylight

Coralife color max

Then I seen a 4th bulb while checking prices online but not for sale at LFS and it was coralife actinic blue light.

Thanks for any help

In my 4 bulb fixture for my planted tank I run 3 6k and 1 rosea.

For plants, the best choice should be the 6700k.

From what I understand, T-8 and T-5 bulbs are not interchangeable. T5s run on a different type of fixture. And T5s come in two flavors:
NO Normal Output
HO High Output
I don't think those are interchangeable as well.

For plants, the best choice should be the 6700k.

From what I understand, T-8 and T-5 bulbs are not interchangeable. T5s run on a different type of fixture. And T5s come in two flavors:
NO Normal Output
HO High Output
I don't think those are interchangeable as well.

Ok I was told that I could replace my t8 with a t5 I will have to find out more details on this.

T8s and T5s run in different fixtures. If you want to switch, you will need a new fixture. Another option with a little DIY is a retrofit kit. Instead of buying a new fixture, you gut your old fixture and replace it with T5 bulbs and driver. When I upgraded my lighting for my planted tank I did a retrofit with Power Compact. It's cheaper than buying a new fixture, the DIY portion usually doesn't take long or require much experience

Thank you. That was an easy solution lol. Glad everyone here is so helpful towards the beginners.

Back
Top Bottom