Which filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which filter for a 20 gallon planted Kribensis tank?

• Total voters

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
This filter will be going on a 20 gallon long tank. This tank will be for breeding Kribensis. I plan to have one preceding pair and then raise the fry to about .5-.75 inches in the tank.

I am debating between a:
FC-300 (sunsun filter)
Fluval 206
Aqua clear 70
or other, please list wat kind

:thanks: I highly respect all of your opinions! There are just so many options :confused:

Filtration Equipment

This filter will be going on a 20 gallon long tank. This tank will be for breeding Kribensis. I plan to have one preceding pair and then raise the fry to about .5-.75 inches in the tank.

I am debating between a:
FC-300 (sunsun filter)
Fluval 206
Aqua clear 70
or other, please list wat kind

:thanks: I highly respect all of your opinions! There are just so many options :confused:

Hello fish...

The Hagen AquaClear is a good one. I use them in all my planted tanks. Filtration is simple, just get a filter with a gph (gallon per hour) rating roughly 6 times the volume of your tank. An AquaClear 50 would be sufficient for a 20 G tank.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello fish...

The Hagen AquaClear is a good one. I use them in all my planted tanks. Filtration is simple, just get a filter with a gph (gallon per hour) rating roughly 6 times the volume of your tank. An AquaClear 50 would be sufficient for a 20 G tank.

B

+1 Love my Aquaclears! Lots of media options.

check out allpondsolutions.co.uk they stock the sunsun 303 and it is amazing for a planted tank. also has a built in uv to get rid of that unwanted algae

I voted CF-300.. I use both Aquaclear 70s, AC110s and a CF500UV and I prefer the canister over the HOB. Aquaclears are but the CF300 is cheap enough to where the HOB really doesn't have much advantage anymore.

Thank you everyone for all your opinions! For now I have decided to keep my current filter. I would still be more than happy to hear any input, after all eventually I will get a new filter ;)

I like aquaclear best. I run a fluval 305 on my 60 and it's a pain to move around and clean. Not to mention when you turn it back on, crap comes flying out that was stuck in hose. Aquaclears are so much easier :)

George9 said:
I like aquaclear best. I run a fluval 305 on my 60 and it's a pain to move around and clean. Not to mention when you turn it back on, crap comes flying out that was stuck in hose. Aquaclears are so much easier :)

Have you run a fluval hob though? It just looks so cool lol

Attachments

• 51aKKoblCPL._SY355_.jpeg
    51aKKoblCPL._SY355_.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 57
Tcal01 said:
Have you run a fluval hob though? It just looks so cool lol

Yeah it looks cool, but they're the same exact thing as the aquaclear lol. Literally. So those are great too

George9 said:
Yeah it looks cool, but they're the same exact thing as the aquaclear lol. Literally. So those are great too

The aquaclear is cheaper too :/. Fluval is 28.40 and the aquaclear 30 is is 24.95 both on Amazon

I like the AquaClear, too. It's affordable, and there are no expensive filter media to buy. I use the sponge that comes with it, some polyester quilt batting (in place of the carbon), and ceramic rings. Although I have only had my tank set up for 6 months or so, the filter has proven reliable up to this point. There are also very clear instuctions about how to clean the motor and impeller; I clean those once a month with q-tips.

Back
Top Bottom