Which is easiest to breed: Firemouth or Convict or ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is easier to breed?

• Firemouth Cichlid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Convict Cichlid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YourPalCM

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a spare tank that I was thinking of setting up again. My daughter is 4 and I thought it would be fun for her to see the fish breeding and rearing process. I've heard that both Firemouth and Convict Cichlids are very easy to breed. One site I saw for Convicts said: "Buy Convicts, Add Water, the end." Can anyone make any recommendations about the easiest fish to breed? Firemouth or Convict ... or is there perhaps another that I'm overlooking?

(Don't worry, any remaining young are easily passed off to my LFS.)

Cons are that easy. They are probably a better choice than livebearers, your daughter will get to see cichlid parenting skills, livebearers are poor parents, eat the fry when given a chance.

I picked up a pair of cons a while back, raising feeder fry. The fry don't require any special care such as bbs, just finely crushed flake will do. Try to get a male that is larger than the female, as I've noticed the female is very protective of the spawn & fry, tending to beat on the male after spawning.

convicts r easy to breed and they will breed in a small cup if u will let them.lol

Back
Top Bottom