Which Live Bearing Give The Most Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to point out that large female live bearers produce more fry. I had a swordtail give birth to about 90 fry.

Ive had a guppy give birth to 130 and a platy and molly both give birth to 100 each. Im still sticking to guppies.. not to mention they have the shortest gestation being 28 to 30 days and definitely if you have a good mix pf males and females you could have fry at least 2 times a month.

Ive had a guppy give birth to 130 and a platy and molly both give birth to 100 each. Im still sticking to guppies.. not to mention they have the shortest gestation being 28 to 30 days and definitely if you have a good mix pf males and females you could have fry at least 2 times a month.

Good point. The question was which one has the most fry though... lol but yeah I'd have to agree... If you want more batches over a shorter period. If you want just more fry in a batch I'd say platys or Molly's.

I though gold fish were feeder fish that why there like 10c. At petsmart

gold fish are feeders for predators and turtles and other reptiles. the guppies are for fish that can't gulp down goldfish but still require some sort of live food. for example, pipefish are relatively peaceful fish that requires constant staple of live food. their natural diet includes small crustaceans and things of that sort. it's too hard to farm/buy these small crustacean and not economically sensible. also because their mouth is so small most food will not be suitable for them. therefore people have a guppy breeding tank setup to feed these pipefish.

also because these guppies are for feeding purpose, they're usually grey/dull in color instead of those fancy colors that you normally see. they're typically sold in juvi/fry because you want to make sure the fish that's eating these guppies can gulp them down in one bite

My lfs had some really nice guppies in their "feeder guppy" tank including a beautiful double sword tail. 2 bucks a dozen! I asked for a dozen and picked a couple of them and they gave me like twice that much! :D

gold fish are feeders for predators and turtles and other reptiles. the guppies are for fish that can't gulp down goldfish but still require some sort of live food. for example, pipefish are relatively peaceful fish that requires constant staple of live food. their natural diet includes small crustaceans and things of that sort. it's too hard to farm/buy these small crustacean and not economically sensible. also because their mouth is so small most food will not be suitable for them. therefore people have a guppy breeding tank setup to feed these pipefish.

Ohhhh ok

Guppys are like bunnys/mice, they may not pop out a lot at one time, but just a small tank with mixed males/females, youll need a 2nd tank or be giving em away by the time a year rolls around :)

I had a red sword tail give birth to 104 fry, they were in a separate breeding thing floating on the top so I counted them as I put them in another floating one and it was One Hundred and Four!

Back
Top Bottom