Which Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am completely stuck between two different plecos and I want to know which one you all think is better! I either want a bristlenose or rubber lip pleco. Any experience/opinion on these?

Whichever one is aesthetically pleasing to you. Isn't one of the joys of this hobby the visual enjoyment of our work.

Bottomfeeder88 said:
Whichever one is aesthetically pleasing to you. Isn't one of the joys of this hobby the visual enjoyment of our work.

Yeah it is, but I do find them both adorable! It's such a close call with the two of them, however I'm slightly leaning towards an albino bristlenose pleco. They're just too cute:)

boadams87 said:
I like the albino bristle nose!!!
I agree! I think they might win... Just wanted some opinions:)

AquaKai said:
Yeah it is, but I do find them both adorable! It's such a close call with the two of them, however I'm slightly leaning towards an albino bristlenose pleco. They're just too cute:)

I agree! I think they might win... Just wanted some opinions:)

A member here toddnbecka sells them here.

Get a BN, I have a rubber lip in one tank and BN in another and the RL is always hiding. The RL looks cooler in my opinion but the BN are much more active even during the day.

If it's under 40 gals I'd say BN, if it's over, then either. They are both great algae eaters, but the rubbernose will get bigger.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm pretty sure that I'm getting the bn. I have a 55g, would I be able to have 2 of them or just 1? I saw two really cute ones at the store and they were swimming around each other!

Yes, two is fine in a 55. :) I think they're hideous and y'all are crazy, but yeah, that's fine. LOL

You can do 3 BN plecos in a 55g tank. The general rule of thumb for them is one per 20 gallons. I have a trio in my 55g tank and they get along just fine.

Back
Top Bottom