Which test kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bduni50

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is the API master reef test kit worth the money. Mainly looking to test ammonia, nitrites, nitrates. To get started. As my reef grows I will get other test kits.

Not worth it, doesn't come with ammonia or nitrite tests, and the calc, alk, and phosphate tests are useless. If you have an api fw kit it's the same tests for ammo, nitrite, and nitrate so just use that and invest in better tests for nitrate, phosphate, calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium.

Not worth it, doesn't come with ammonia or nitrite tests, and the calc, alk, and phosphate tests are useless. If you have an api fw kit it's the same tests for ammo, nitrite, and nitrate so just use that and invest in better tests for nitrate, phosphate, calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium.

+1. There are many others that are more useful for this application. As stated, it's missing some of the more important tests one should have for SW.

Ok, good I have the freshwater test. It tested 1 ppm ammonia, 0 ppm nitrite, 0 ppm nitrate. Leave shrimp in or out ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402875404.049479.jpg

Okie dokie, will leave it a few more days. Then retest.

I have a API Saltwater Test Kit and have been using that for several weeks and decided to see what other test kits are out there. I bought both of the Red Sea kits and they definitely are a more precise testing kit but API will get the job done for now. Someone said to me one time, you spend hundreds if not thousands on fish and corals, why go with the cheapest test kit. That statement made sense to me so I thought I would try a couple different test kits. Starting over, I would just buy the Red Sea and be done with it

Back
Top Bottom