White blobs on aquarium glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lednura

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hiya!
So I went overseas and while I was there my Mum was maintaining my tank, when I came back I noticed these white blobs on my aquarium glass and they keep coming back even when I scrape them off. My Mum thinks it could be snail eggs as we have do have snails in the tank but they don't seem to have smaller white dots in them as I've seen them been described as before. They are hard though to touch (or firm). Could somebody help me out? I'm getting sick off seeing them!
Thanks [emoji1] IMG_3298.jpgIMG_3299.jpg

If I remember, snail rid can be toxic to fish. If you decide to use it plaes read and follow directions. Personally I do not think I would use it. A glass scraper will work to quickly remove the dots.

Maybe check "problems" using the product on a search.

From product information
"Precaution : Toxic if water is soft or has low KH Add KH-UP to increase KH value to 5 drops before treatment."

If I remember, snail rid can be toxic to fish. If you decide to use it plaes read and follow directions. Personally I do not think I would use it. A glass scraper will work to quickly remove the dots.

Maybe check "problems" using the product on a search.

From product information
"Precaution : Toxic if water is soft or has low KH Add KH-UP to increase KH value to 5 drops before treatment."

I've tried scraping but they come back which is why I believe it's snails

You said you got rid of the big snails?? Mystery snails, Pond snails, and Ramshorn snails don't have eggs like that.

It could be a fish too. What are the kinds of fish you have in the tank?

You said you got rid of the big snails?? Mystery snails, Pond snails, and Ramshorn snails don't have eggs like that.

It could be a fish too. What are the kinds of fish you have in the tank?

Yes I got rid of them after the problem arose. But they had already laid eggs. I don't thinks its fish because they were quite firm to touch and they're all over the tank not just in one spot. I have 2 angels, neons, silvertip tetras, and guppies

Blue Planet Snail Rid active ingredient is Copper. A toxic ingredient.

If the Big snails are gone now. Their should not be any further eggs, and the Nerite snail eggs do not hatch in freshwater.

So in theory unless you missed a Nerite snail, you wouldn't need the Snail Rid.

Those fish wouldn't really lay eggs like that. So Yes, probably not the fish.

Blue Planet Snail Rid active ingredient is Copper. A toxic ingredient.

If the Big snails are gone now. Their should not be any further eggs, and the Nerite snail eggs do not hatch in freshwater.

So in theory unless you missed a Nerite snail, you wouldn't need the Snail Rid.

Those fish wouldn't really lay eggs like that. So Yes, probably not the fish.

This was the shell of one of the the snails if that helps IMG_3350.jpg

Back
Top Bottom